21 January 2010

taco soup

when i heard rain was coming last night,
i decided to have this warm, tasty soup for supper.
it is easy - and i go for quick meals on Wednesdays.
and today i had leftovers; which are just as delicious.

here's the recipe.
try it some time - especially if you like spicy

TACO SOUP



Brown 1 lb of ground hamburger. Drain. (can substitute turkey or deer burger)

In large crock pot, combine and stir the following:
a. 2 cans of Stewed Tomatoes
b. 1 can of Rotel (your heat preference)
c. 1 can of pinto beans
d. 2 cans of kidney beans
e. 1 can of whole kernel corn
f. browned hamburger
g. 1 pkg of taco seasoning (your heat preference)
h. 1 pkg of dry ranch dressing mix

Cook all day on low heat. (or at least 4-6 hours)

Serve with a handful of corn chips, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream.
A few tips and my personal preferences:-use all regular size cans
-do not drain juice from cans; empty entire can
-I mash the stewed tomatoes up a little when I first add them; since I do not prefer large chunky tomatoes.
-I keep browned meat in the freezer so that I can just throw everything in and not worry with browning the meat each time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. Esp. today it's cold and been rainin', rainin', rainin'. BTW I like your signature.

    ReplyDelete