06 December 2012

fourteen weeks

I'm a little late in posting.  These past several days have been busy. 
(the person taking the picture cut off my head.  any guesses who that person might be?)
 
Pregnancy Highlights
 
How Far Along: 14 weeks
 
Size of baby: Lemon (average size 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces) He/She has almost doubled in weight since last week and keeps on growing at a super speed.  He/She is probably sucking his/her thumb and wiggling his/her toes in there!  His/Her kidneys are making urine, and his/her liver and spleen are doing their jobs, too.  And he/she is growing lanugo, a thin, peach-fuzz-like hair, all over his/her body -- it will help him/her keep warm! {info found on The Bump}

Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of my doctor's appointment last Wednesday, I am still down 8 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. 
 
Cravings: Fruit, chocolate milk, and one night this week I wanted a steak!
 
Symptoms: Nausea has subsided.  Still sleeping a lot and lacking energy.  Doctor prescribed antiobiotics for the terrible sinus infection I had.
 
Sleep: I'm sleeping okay - except for trips to the bathroom and changing positions often.  And I miss sleeping on my belly.
 
Movement: Not yet, but I am looking forward to it
 
Gender: Can't wait to find out December 28th.
 
Maternity Clothes: Elastic and stretch-fabric are my saving grace now! Not ready for maternity clothes; but regular clothes with defined waists are uncomfortable.  I tried the rubberband trick this week; so that I could wear my skirt un-buttoned.  :)
 
What I miss: Energy - I guess my body is really working hard on baby-making.
 
What I'm looking forward to:  Finding out the gender.
 
Best Moment this week:  A lot of good things happened this week.  I've entered the 2nd trimester!  Monday we bought the crib for the nursery.  Wednesday, I had my first OBGYN appointment and they did another ultrasound - baby was so cute, everything is measuring on track, and heartbeat is still in the 160's.  The picture isn't the best ... I wish it had shown face profile, but this is all the doctor gave me and here he was getting the crown to rump measurement.
 

1 comment: