17 November 2009

i ♥ all things Gaither

I love music. Many types of music.
But my favorite is music that worships God,
brings praise to my lips, speaks words to my soul,
and lifts my spirits higher.
And for that reason I love some Gaither music.
Bill Gaither is the originator of the Homecoming concerts
and I enjoy all the variety of artists he features.
And that is how I learned of David Phelps,
my absolute FAVORITE singer.
He's a top-notch, phenomenal tenor singer.
Simply the best in my book - never heard another like him! David left Gaither Vocal Band and traveled solo,
but he is now part of GVB again.

Saturday night, Chris and I,
along with our goofy, crazy cousin, Ashley
sporadically traveled a 2.5 hour adventure to a Gaither concert.
Parked our Chevrolet in a Luxury Mercedes Benz parking lot.
Found a steal on tickets at the door.
Avoided concessions.
Got weak in the knees climbing the steep arena steps.
Screamed our heads off for David's solos.
Nearly ran out of gas traveling country roads home.
But, Ashley and I needed our "fix."
And we got it - satisfied, as usual.
Ash, thanks for joining your goofy, crazy cousins.
We had a blast and we're ready to go again!
For your listening pleasure, I'm sharing my favorite song:

No comments:

Post a Comment