01 January 2011

it's a new chapter

Each year is a chapter in the book of life.

As the final page of my 2010 has been written,
I stand in awe at all that has transpired.
Many exciting things have taken place.
Many changes. Many surprises. Many questions.
What a year!

For my resolutions of 2010. Some were successful. Some not so.
My relationship with God has strengthened as I have learned so much. In the 'busy-ness' and new crazy normal of our life, I tried to be a better friend/family to all those close to me, but I know I failed at times. In 2011, I want to commit to do even more in the community and world. Changes will come if only one step at a time. As for healthy choices, I had 'moments' in 2010 ... but for the most part I too often was in a hurry and chose the fast-food option. :) And caffeine was a necessity at times.

As I turn the page and ponder what will be in 2011.
My resolutions will somewhat remain the same.
Basically, for 2011 to be better than any other year.
To be a better person.
Most importantly, to be more of the woman God would have me be.
So just as each day is a clean start,
so is a brand spanking-new year.
Fresh. Bright. New. No mistakes.
And, thankfully this remains the same:
God is mine. I am His.
And another remains sure:
God knows the entire book of my life.
So, as I begin this new chapter, I'll walk with Him
and He'll be with me each step of the way come what may.

1 comment: