I've been thinking a lot about this quote I read the other day:
Peace doesn't come from finding a lake with no storms ...it comes from having Jesus in the boat.
And honestly, I know "a lake with no storms" does not exist.
But, so often I search for calm waters.
I dream of a slower-paced, 'storm-free' life.
I wish for things, "if only I had _____"
And when faced with trials and sorrow, sometimes I ask "why me?"
But, I've been gently reminded "why not me?"
And "...it could be worse."
God never promised that life would be easy and without storms.
There's no record in the Bible of anyone
enjoying a perfect life exempt from trials. (think Job)
I've never met anyone who hasn't experienced pain and heartaches.
Everyone doesn't encounter the same storms
But everyone has storms.
And the struggles we face - teach us valuable lessons.
Battles makes us stronger and victory sweeter.
So, I will stop hoping for days without rain.
I'll attempt to embrace life ... whatever it brings.
I'll learn the lessons. I'll weather the storm.
I'll enjoy this day - with it's good and bad.
All I really need is Jesus on board.
Jesus has 'approved' the blessings and hardships.
He is the Sea-walker,
the Calm in the storm,
the Master of the sea.
He brings peace. I can trust Jesus.
And honestly, I know "a lake with no storms" does not exist.
But, so often I search for calm waters.
I dream of a slower-paced, 'storm-free' life.
I wish for things, "if only I had _____"
And when faced with trials and sorrow, sometimes I ask "why me?"
But, I've been gently reminded "why not me?"
And "...it could be worse."
God never promised that life would be easy and without storms.
There's no record in the Bible of anyone
enjoying a perfect life exempt from trials. (think Job)
I've never met anyone who hasn't experienced pain and heartaches.
Everyone doesn't encounter the same storms
But everyone has storms.
And the struggles we face - teach us valuable lessons.
Battles makes us stronger and victory sweeter.
So, I will stop hoping for days without rain.
I'll attempt to embrace life ... whatever it brings.
I'll learn the lessons. I'll weather the storm.
I'll enjoy this day - with it's good and bad.
All I really need is Jesus on board.
Jesus has 'approved' the blessings and hardships.
He is the Sea-walker,
the Calm in the storm,
the Master of the sea.
He brings peace. I can trust Jesus.
Loved that quote! So true.. I've found that when I look back at the past trials, i also see how how much stronger I am because of it. Seems like we pray more when we're in a trial than when we are on the mountaintop.
ReplyDeleteLove reading your blog for today! Such encouraging words, Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed our chat this afternoon too!
ReplyDelete