2011 Father's Day was more difficult than usual,
for more than one reason,
for more than one reason,
but rarely a day goes by that I do not think of him and miss him.
He was an amazing man and an awesome father.
I do not remember him ever acting out of character.
I never heard him speak ill of anyone.
He spoke with firmness and authority, but never yelled at me.
As a child, and especially a teenager,
I didn't always appreciate his decisions and judgments,
but now I see it was all for my own good
and there was no harm done.
He truly is a man of great honor,
who earned my highest admiration.
He has given me a great example to follow ... as He followed Christ.
So, while Father's Day has past, I still want to recognize my dad.
I love and miss him dearly.
He was an amazing man and an awesome father.
I do not remember him ever acting out of character.
I never heard him speak ill of anyone.
He spoke with firmness and authority, but never yelled at me.
As a child, and especially a teenager,
I didn't always appreciate his decisions and judgments,
but now I see it was all for my own good
and there was no harm done.
He truly is a man of great honor,
who earned my highest admiration.
He has given me a great example to follow ... as He followed Christ.
So, while Father's Day has past, I still want to recognize my dad.
I love and miss him dearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment