06 October 2011

decorating for fall {inside}


 I love decorating for the different seasons and occasions.
Chris thinks I'm crazy ... oh well.
I decorated for fall last week, since Thursday was the official beginning.
And because Christmas is less than 100 days away ... it will soon be time for all that.
I found a lot of inspiration on Pinterest.  
This is the mantle in our den:
 Lentils, black beans, and kidney beans in a vase with a candle
 This idea was from Pinterest - love that the "picture" becomes 3D.
 Found this mirror at a thrift store, hot glued a piece of burlap to cover the mirror, and then glued on the leaf.  Hopefully I will be able to easily remove afterward.
 Mantle in our living room:
The wreath is another Pinterest idea!  A quick and easy project.
 Kitchen table.  Wreath-from-last-year-turned-candle-ring.

 Wanted to show this sweet flower arrangement in the kitchen.  Last Thursday, after decorating, I was hosting a ladies group from church.  My kind mother-in-law came over to help me put the finishing touches on our meal and she surprised me with these flowers.  Thanks, Teresa!  (the bag in the background is Chris' Pizza Doritos - you tried them? - reminds me of Pizzeria chips)
 Little painted pumpkins.  Once again -- Pinterest.  I used fake pumpkins, so I can use them again next year, if I'd like.  Easy and inexpensive ... but the striped and argyle pumpkins were a little tedious and time-consuming getting the lines straight.  The pedestal bowl is a thrift store find.  It is wood, but I wanted it painted.  Chris didn't want me to paint it - he told me I was covering up the beautiful wood.  So, I told him if I ever wanted a wooden bowl again, I'd just have him sand off all the paint.  :)
Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment