15 February 2010

not me! monday

Welcome to my sporadic edition of Not me! Monday.
This blog carnival was created by MckMama.

I have my moments! Good and bad.
And recently, I've had a few not-so-good moments
that I'd prefer to forget or pretend never-ever happened:

I did not ignore the ever-growing pile of laundry.
Never would 10 days worth of laundry be found in my house.
Nope! Not me - I stay on top of laundry.
And because Chris' pick of clean clothes
was considerably slim,
he would NOT be caught dead wearing this shirt to work. Never!
(of course, I'm sure he kept his jacket on and buttoned)

After removing the sheets from our bed for said laundry,
I did not avoid putting on clean sheets,
and I, most certainly, did not sleep without sheets,
not one, but two, maybe three nights.
Nope, I'm not [that] lazy.

Amidst these rushed and crazy days,
you did not hear me proclaim that our bedroom looked like
that of a filthy teenager ... piles of clothes here and there
from changing in a mad hurry to dash out the door again.

Oh, and one more thing, that was NOT my husband you saw
pulled over with blue lights behind his truck.
He was not speeding - seriously.
Nor was he weaving.
And the cop did not ask if he'd been drinking.
(this isn't the last you'll read of this story - more to come)

Ahh. Feels good to come clean and admit my short-comings.
And yes, all my dirty laundry is clean now!

2 comments:

  1. Do we have to talk about laundry!? I have at least 6-8 loads at all times. uggghhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with you Livi, I got one that needs to be folded, one in the dryer, one in the washing machine and 3 more to do!!! OH i love the shirt by the way!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete