24 June 2011

next jump - the details

Since I didn't immediately post after our appointment,
I'm sure you've guessed it -
we didn't receive the news we wanted to hear.
(had we received good news, I would've been eager to share)

The tests and in-depth blood work further concluded that
our chances of ever conceiving on our own
are slim to none (according to medical science).
However, we do know God's power is limitless.
We would be overjoyed for God to 'shock our socks off.'
:)

However, medically-speaking, we have a few options.
We are praying over these options
and asking God for His leading in this journey.
We have a busy next few weeks.
Chris has a minor outpatient surgery.
Our church has youth camp.
We are taking time off from fertility appointments
and simply praying for guidance.
After things settle down,
we plan to decide where and how to take the next jump.

We have an unexplainable peace.
The tears following this appointment were minimal
compared to other appointments.
We're relieved that the testing is over
and thankful to have answers
even if the answers aren't what we hoped for.
We're excited to see what is in store
as God unfolds His plan for us
and we have high hopes for a baby next year.
Of course, if God wills it.

"Discouraging moments are often preparation for a beautiful sight."

6 comments:

  1. The is no way to describe the peace He gives. Take courage. He has plans that we can't begin to understand. We're praying with you. S&D ..... AL

    ReplyDelete
  2. And next year when that precious little baby comes and you & Chris feel the unexplainable joy of parenthood, we will welcome our grandchild with opens arms and a heart of love. We don't always know Gods method of provision but we do know he provides. Livy, we love y'all. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It hurts me so for anyone to have to face this. Whatever the reasoning, God is in control and has a bigger plan than any of us can see or comprehend. I'm so glad you guys have peace though. Nothing can take it's place! Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through a mutual friend, and just wanted to say -- I've been in your shoes somewhat. This Scripture is one of my favorites: "With man, this is impossible...but with God, ALL things are possible!" I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete