11 August 2011

thankful on Thursday

Lately, I've had a little case of the blues.
Sometimes I'm easily bummed out by the disappointments in life.
But, today I'm casting those aside and taking time to be grateful.
  • I'm so thankful for all the BIG things:  God, family, friends, health, home, job, church, etc.
However, I want to remember the little things 
that have brought a smile to my face lately:
  • ice cream cake (like DQ's, but from Ingles)
  • sweet, encouraging text from a friend
  • a candle with a nice fragrance filling my office
  • 'flirting' and 'making eyes' with my cousin's one-year old son
  • Chick-Fil-A had chicken salad at 8:15 AM  (it's what's for lunch today)
  • discovering the way to connect my Ipod to my car radio
  • fresh peaches and strawberries  :)
  • no bad result from me accidentally leaving home with water boiling on the stove (thankfully, I remembered in time to return and remove) 
  • friends loaning us their corn hole game - it's fun! 
  • watching my mom (who hasn't been a "dog-lover") interact with Ava, my brother's dog, even while I know she is sad from the loss of Toodles
  • a precious lady sharing this picture with me ♥
    Each day is full of blessings showered upon us 
    ... some big, some small.
    And I'm thankful for every blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment