Just a little timeline with dates, numbers, and milestones from the beginning
Thursday, September 20th: negative home pregnancy test (obviously tested too early)
Saturday, September 22nd: "Thought" negative home pregnancy test @ 6:00 AM
Monday, September 24th: Chris insisted that I test again at 5:45 AM -- POSITIVE! Then, I dug the one from Saturday out of the garbage to discover an actual faint second line - so it was actually positive! On Saturday, I had been half-asleep or didn't have my glasses on or didn't wait long enough for the 2nd line to appear or something.
Called the doctor - scheduled blood draw for Tuesday.
Called the doctor - scheduled blood draw for Tuesday.
Tuesday, September 25th: Tested again - you know just to be sure -- positive!
Blood draw at 6:30 AM - thanks to an awesome, local phlebotomist. I have always struggled with having blood drawn. This sweet, patient lady allows me to lie down and talks with me, relaxing and calming my nerves.
Wednesday, September 26th: Results from blood draw - Progesterone: 34 (which should be at least 20 or greater) and HCG Level: 282 (which should be at least 25 or greater)
Shared with our parents and siblings.
Thursday, September 27th: Another blood draw (just to be sure HCG level is increasing) and I went alone!
Quick mini-photo shoot with Miranda.
Friday, September 28th: Results from blood draw - HCG Level: 774. (and I'll be honest, with the HCG number so high and over-doubling, nurses and friends' comments, and reading online, I got a little excited about the possibility of twins)
Sunday, September 30th: 5 weeks!
Thursday, October 4th: Another blood draw (again just to be sure HCG level is increasing)
Friday, October 5th: Results from blood draw: HCG over 5,000. I sort of panicked waiting on these results, because the doctor's office closed at noon and they didn't call me until 12:45 PM. I thought I would be waiting all weekend until Monday to get the results.
Sunday, October 7th: 6 weeks!
Friday, October 12th: First ultrasound - one baby! Doctor said everything looked great. Measuring on track - 6 weeks, 5 days. Heard the heartbeat - 120 BPM. Received first "pictures" of our baby.
Sunday, October 14th: 7 weeks! (Was sick for the first time this past week and three days straight. Thankfully not sick all day, but I do "feel" nauseous and I don't have much of an appetite - purchased Sea Bands which really seemed to help with nausea)
Sunday, October 21st: 8 weeks! Still only sick a few times.
Friday, October 26th: Second ultrasound. Everything still measuring on track and looked wonderful! Heartbeat - 180 BPM. Saw arms and legs - and our little one is a wiggle worm. Released from fertility specialist to regular OBGYN.
Sunday, October 28th: 9 weeks! Still only sick a few times. Scheduled appointment with OBGYN.
Wednesday, October 31st: Found out that pregnancy and delivery will be covered on insurance when Chris is eligible in December. I was concerned that this would be considered "pre-existing," but it is not. (PTL!) Also, got a call from a dear friend - she is also expecting her first and is due just two weeks after me! Our babies will be playmates! :) I enjoy talking to her and sharing this experience together as "first-timers."
Sunday, November 4th: 10 weeks! (1/4 of the way through) Wasn't sick at all this week; hopefully this is a good sign that this will be ending with the first trimester.
Sunday, October 28th: 9 weeks! Still only sick a few times. Scheduled appointment with OBGYN.
Wednesday, October 31st: Found out that pregnancy and delivery will be covered on insurance when Chris is eligible in December. I was concerned that this would be considered "pre-existing," but it is not. (PTL!) Also, got a call from a dear friend - she is also expecting her first and is due just two weeks after me! Our babies will be playmates! :) I enjoy talking to her and sharing this experience together as "first-timers."
Sunday, November 4th: 10 weeks! (1/4 of the way through) Wasn't sick at all this week; hopefully this is a good sign that this will be ending with the first trimester.
So sweet to read the "milestones!" =)
ReplyDeleteCasey