26 November 2012

thirteen weeks

*the ruffles are a nice disquise :)

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 13 weeks
 
Size of baby: Peach (average size 2.9 inches and .81 ounce) Proportion-wise -- his/her head is now about 1/3 the size of his/her body.  Baby has vocal cords, teeth and even fingerprints (wow!).  His/her intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to their more permanent place, in the tummy.  {info found on The Bump}
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: it appears that I've now gained 2 pounds -- probably Thanksgiving meals.  I will know exact weight/gain loss at doctor appointment this week.
 
Cravings: fruit salad, ham and cheese sandwiches, punch made with pineapple juice
 
Symptons: I continue to have some bouts of "feeling nauseous," but not really sick.  I did get sick twice this week while swallowing Tylenol for a cold.  I have been fighting a cold for over a week now.   Also, I am still loving sleep.  I took a nap this past Saturday morning after only being out of bed for 2 hours.
 
Sleep: I'm sleeping okay - except for trips to the bathroom and changing positions often.
 
Movement: Not yet, but I am looking forward to it
 
Gender: Can't wait to find out December 28th.
 
Maternity Clothes:   Elastic and stretch-fabric are my saving grace now!  Not ready for maternity clothes; but regular clothes with defined waists are uncomfortable.
 
What I miss:   Energy - I guess my body is really working hard on baby-making.
 
What I'm looking forward to:  OBGYN appointment this Wednesday
 
Best Moment this week:  Hearing family talk about the baby at Thanksgiving dinners.  Excitement is building!

No comments:

Post a Comment