I have a lot of thoughts swirling around in this head of mine when I think of 2013.
Excitement mixed with a little anxiety. Anticipation mingled with worry. I mean, I have never birthed a baby before, so I'm slightly nervous about labor and delivery. But, of course, the excitement of having my baby placed in my arms makes my heart do flip flops. Then there are worries and stresses of taking care of a newborn and wanting to shield our baby from all harm and wrong. Yet, this will undoubtly be the best year our life, therefore, I want to enjoy this time and not fret over happenings beyond my control.
I am not really making outlandish, unreasonable resolutions this year. I realize we are in for a lot of changes --- good changes; but I really do not know what to expect ... and I can only prepare so much. However, I do desire to be a better person ... wife, Christian, family, friend. Better than I was in 2012. I know what changes I need to insure that 2013 is different, so I will be working on those areas. I do pray our baby girl arrives healthy and I pray I will be a good mom. In 2013, I'd like to slow down some, focus on what matters most, and let the little things slide ... this is determined in the things I answer to ... either "yes" or "no." Of course, ultimately, my soul longs to be more like Him and do His will with my life. Most importantly, I realize that for me to be more like Him and following His will entails allowing Him complete control and full surrender of the reins. Whatever His plan - that it is what I want. For He knows what is best for me. Even when His path may result in rainy, cloudy days, trials, and struggles ... if it is part of His plan to draw me closer to Him and mold me in His image; that's what I truly desire deep down inside.
"For whatever it takes to draw closer to You, Lord. That's
what I'll be willing to do.
For whatever it takes to be more like You. That's what I'll be willing to do.
I'll trade sunshine for rain, comfort for pain. That's what I'll be willing to do.
For whatever it takes, for my will to break. That's what I'll be willing to do."
Into 2013 we march ... excitedly anticipating all God has in store for us
For whatever it takes to be more like You. That's what I'll be willing to do.
I'll trade sunshine for rain, comfort for pain. That's what I'll be willing to do.
For whatever it takes, for my will to break. That's what I'll be willing to do."
Into 2013 we march ... excitedly anticipating all God has in store for us
No comments:
Post a Comment