(forgive the frazzled look - rough day)
I feel like I've popped out in the last two weeks.
At least now I sort of "look" pregnant and not just "thick." :)
Pregnancy Highlights
Size of baby: Pomegranate (average size 10.5 inches and 12.7 ounces ... growing, growing) As her digestive system preps for the outside world, she's manufacturing meconium -- the tarry black substance we'll find in her first dirty diaper (ew)! And she's already got a lifetime's supply of eggs in her womb -- about six million of them! {info found on The Bump}
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 12 lbs. (loss)
Cravings: Still no crazy or consistent cravings. I do like ice cream often, but that happened before I was pregnant.
Symptoms: Nothing really except a little stiffness in lower back when bending over or going from sitting to standing position.
Sleep: Sleep is okay - still making one trip to the bathroom each night and changing positions often.
Movement: She's a wiggle worm. She moves a lot during the day ... which I hope is a good thing; maybe she will sleep through the night when she gets here. (haha! - I'm only kidding and wishfully thinking - I know this will not happen)
Gender: Girl
Maternity Clothes: Wearing maternity clothes more and more.
What I miss: Nothing really.
What I'm looking forward to: 24-week viability mark. Hopefully finishing up the nursery in the next month or so. I feel anxious to get it complete in case she comes early, early. Just a little paranoid, I guess. (What I'm not looking forward to? ... the glucose test)
Best Moment this week:
(I apologize for the quality - it is a cell phone picture of the picture)
The 20-week appointment and seeing baby girl! We had another ultrasound - she IS for sure a girl. Heard the sweet heartbeat of 150. All appendages there. Organs, diaphragm, spine, and everything looks great! Weighs approximately 14 ounces (which according to average above, is little big. Uh-oh!). Chris met my OB doctor for the first time and loved him as much as I do. He joked about the weird pregnancy dreams I've been having. He calmed my fears about delivery and answered my crazy questions about stuff I had read on the Internet. Doctor also said everything looked picture-perfect including my body, her body, umbilical cord, heartbeat, etc. We are so blessed! Chris and I joked that now she needs to work on being pretty and sweet, cause we don't want a mean, ugly baby. (LOL) We also completed our pre-admission paperwork and delivered it to the labor/delivery floor of the hospital ... which makes it more and more real!
For the memory's sake: When I made my 20-week appointment for January 15th, I immediately thought of it being my Uncle Jason's birthday who passed away in 1991 at age 16. Throughout the morning, I thought of him and of course, my dad, his brother. After the doctor appointment and a few errands, while I was in the drive-thru line at Wendy's getting lunch, I saw TWO hawks sitting high in a tree. When I see a hawk it always reminds of me of Dad and makes him feel close. That day, I felt both him and Jason close as if they were looking on my day. It's been a long time since we said goodbye to both of them, yet, there I sat in a mess of tears and the sadness still ached. Missing my Daddy makes this pregnancy somewhat bittersweet, but our little girl will know all about him and how much he would have loved her. As soon as she is old enough, I plan to teach her to "spot a hawk" ... it's "Daddy to me" and I want it to be "Grand-daddy to her." I am also thankful for pictures, family videos, recordings of his preaching and singing, and notes with his handwriting to share with her.


Such a sweet post. It brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. =) Love you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMegan is sitting here with me and is getting pretty excited that you're having a girl!:D So happy that everything is going good. ---and yes, having a child makes you really aware of your loved ones who are in Heaven. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteTeary-eyed...highlights the importance of writing down, taking pics of the memories!
ReplyDeleteHappy note - yay, for OVER half-way! ;)