22 January 2013

racking up

Soon after we found out baby was a girl, I couldn't resist visiting a few consignment shops and getting started on her wardrobe.  A girl's gotta have clothes!  And if she is anything like her mom, she will love to shop and want a closet full!

This picture was taken a few weeks ago of several things we had gotten.
I just hung them on the side of the crib until her closet is cleaned out.
(Operation Nursery is scheduled for February.  We are replacing the closet door and painting)
After Christmas, Chris and I walked through Belk one evening.
I spotted the clearance rack with lots of goodies 70% off.
We bought a few deals that we couldn't pass up.
Funny story:  I sent the picture below of the things we bought to my mom.
She replied "Wow - I just bought some of the same things!"
Grandma likes to shop too!  :)
And last week, we received a huge blessing.
A Facebook friend in North Carolina contacted me about getting rid of all her daughter's baby things.
She said she would send the items if I would pay the shipping cost.
Oh my goodness!  I had no idea what it would be ... but it was 62lbs of a little bit of everything.  I had soooo much fun going through those boxes  - gowns, sleepers, clothes of all sizes, hats, hairbows, bloomers, socks, tights, shoes, swaddle blankets, and toys!  I nearly cried.  Chris was impressed as well ... he said "do we need anything else?" 
Now, I can't wait for her to be here so we can play dress up!  
... 131 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment