23 May 2013

thirty-eight weeks

No picture this week.
I do look more like myself - thank goodness.
However, this week has been crazy with last minute preparations for baby
and I have forgotten to take a picture
and/or changed into comfy clothes and not presentable after working around the house.
38 weeks
Size of baby:  A pumpkin - At about 18.9 to 20.9 inches and about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds.  Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen.  She may have about an inch or so of hair already.  She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but we might see some of it at birth. {info found on The Bump} 

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I lost 18lbs in the first trimester and part of the second.  At my 37-week appointment, I have gained those 18lbs back, plus 4lbs ... total 22lbs weight gain.

Cravings:  Nothing consistently.  Still enjoying ice cream.  And this week I've wanted hot fudge cake and my Granny's fried peach pies.

Symptoms:   Swelling.  General aches, pains, and soreness.  Shortened breath if walking a lot or talking a lot.  Few hot flashes and feeling over-heated (which is a total opposite for me).

Sleep:  Not good this week especially with rash.

Movement:   Yes.  And its beginning to be slightly painful with stronger pressure at times.
Gender: Sweet baby girl - Jocelyn Faith  (nicknames:  Jos, Love Bug, Josie, Josie-Poo, Josie-Posie, Josie-Rosie, Sweet Ums,  Pookie (thanks to Chris), Darling, Angel Face, and Jo-Jo (thanks to Brandon))

Maternity Clothes: Of course.

What I miss:   Nothing really.

What I'm looking forward to:   Her arrival!!

Best Moments this week:
  • Doctor's appointment.  Weight was the same.  Blood pressure was 118/83.  Baby's heartbeat was 160's.  No dilation check.  Concerned mostly with clearing up rash.
  • Lots of rest and relaxation due to poison ivy/sumac/oak rash. 
  • The church ladies of where I work hosted a baby shower for me on Sunday.  Although, I wasn't looking 100% better, I attended, because I know time is short.  They were so kind and gracious to me.  And we were "showered" with many, many sweet gifts.
    This was the delicious cake at the shower.
    (I decided to take a picture after the first slice was made)

No comments:

Post a Comment