13 May 2013

thirty-seven weeks


(sorry, no headshot, face swollen and red from poison ivy/oak/sumac rash)
 37 weeks
 
Size of baby:  A winter melon - At about 18.9 to 20.9 inches and about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds  (gaining about 1/2 ounce per day)  She is full-term ---  developed her most crucial functions. Of course, she’ll get even healthier and stronger over the next few weeks.  She's practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking.   She's getting her first sticky poop (called meconium) ready for her first diaper.  {info found on The Bump} 

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I lost 3lbs.

Cravings:  Nothing consistently.  Still enjoying ice cream.  And this week I wanted Wendy's chili and baked potato.

Symptoms:   Swelling - a good bit.  General aches, pains, and soreness.  Shortened breath if walking a lot or talking a lot.

Sleep:  Not as good these days, but not terrible.  Changing positions more often and making a tripS to the bathroom.

Movement:   Yes.  All the time.

Gender: Sweet baby girl - Jocelyn Faith  (nicknames:  Jos, Love Bug, Josie, Josie-Poo, Josie-Posie, Josie-Rosie, Sweet Ums,  Pookie (thanks to Chris), Darling, Angel Face, and Jo-Jo (thanks to Brandon))

Maternity Clothes: Of course.

What I miss:   Nothing really.

What I'm looking forward to:   One more baby shower (May 19th).  And of course, her arrival!!

Best Moments this week:
  • Working long hours at the office, but feeling confident and comfortable about being out on maternity leave. 
  • Doctor's appointment.  Lost 3lbs more - doctor says it is okay and not to be concerned although everything I read and everyone tells me most gain weight these last few weeks.  Blood pressure was 118/75.  Baby's heartbeat good.  Not dilated anymore.  And measuring right on track.  Group B strep test result was negative. 
  • Had car seat checked and correctly installed by safety group at the hospital.
  • Happily celebrated Mother's Day as a mom-to-be.

1 comment: