26 March 2013

thirty weeks

30 weeks
3/4 finished.  Only 1/4 (or less) to go!!

Pregnancy Highlights

Size of baby:  A cucumber - At about 15.2 to 16.7 inches and about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds.  Her skin is getting smoother.  Her brain is getting wrinklier -- to make way for all that essential brain tissue.  She's now strong enough to grasp a finger! {info found on The Bump}

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  -4 lbs

Cravings: Chocolate ice cream.  Subway.  Olive Garden.

Symptoms:   Breath getting shorter; especially when I walk a long distance or sing.  Strange, crazy, weird, wild dreams - I wake up thinking, "Where did that come from?"

Sleep:  Changing positions often and making a trip or two to the bathroom. 

Movement:   She is quite a "wild woman"  ... but, I love it ... feeling her move is awesome!

Gender: Sweet baby girl - Jocelyn Faith .... Josie, Josie-Poo, Josie-Posie, Sweet Ums,  Pookie (thanks to Chris), Darling, Angel Face  (yes, she already has nicknames)

Maternity Clothes: Yep! But still wearing some non-maternity -- stretchy knit skirts and sweater tunics.

What I miss: Still don't really miss a thing.  I waited so long to be in this place ... it's all worth it!

What I'm looking forward to:   Baby showers and celebrating our girl with friends.  Having the bedding sewn -- and in the crib.  And of course, we are beginning to anxiously look forward to her arrival.  We will soon be in the single digit number of weeks remaining.

Best moments this week:   Not sure it would be classified as a "best moment" ... but I overheard my Mama's phone conversation and she told my brother that I was getting fat. (ha! ha!)

Doctor's appointment - everything looks great!  Was happy to find out that I'm actually still below pre-pregnancy weight, fundal height was right on at 29 cms, great blood pressure, and heard baby's heartbeat.  Doctor eased some fears and thoughts about pain intervention.

Chris and I are getting more and more excited about bringing a baby into our home and life.  We think about her all day.  We talk about her often.  We talk to her and pat my belly.  I read books to her.  Chris tells her "bye" every morning when he leaves for work.  We love walking into our guest bedroom-turned-nursery; it makes it so real to see all the baby things and PINK!   We talk about what we would be doing with her at that exact moment if she were here .... Chris can't wait to snuggle with her on one side and Thumpy on the other.  We've also started a sweet nighttime ritual of laying her glow-seahorse (ie glow worm) on my belly and playing its lullabies.  It's definitely a favorite time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment