Tuesday tidbits
- Friday I came home from work to find a dozen roses from my sweetheart ... for "no reason" except love. :-) Goodness, I love him so!

- This past weekend wiped me out. Friday night, Chris and I went shopping and had dinner with my mom afterwards. Chris needed new boots; which was a difficult task. He looked at every pair and tried on several before making his final choice ... it's a good thing he doesn't need shoes often. We also picked up the last few items needed for decorating and sewing the bedding and such for the nursery. Saturday, our Bible study group served lunch to the needy at our local Salvation Army building; which took up most of our day with preparation and cleaning afterwards. We took a 2-hour nap Saturday afternoon. I worked a few hours Saturday evening. And we enjoyed dinner from our favorite Mexican restaurant and waffle cones from our favorite ice cream spot. In the crazy weekend rush, our house started to look like a tornado came through. Sunday, between church services we found a few minutes to tidy up a bit. We enjoyed Sunday lunch with my mom and Sunday supper with Chris' parents. We were in bed by 9:20 PM Sunday night.
- Sunday was my niece, L's, 9th birthday. I got a little nostalgic and sappy while looking at her baby photos. It's hard to believe that next year, she'll be two-digits ... and only 4 years until she's a teenager. Time flies so fast. She was the first to call me "aunt." I babysat her as a baby. As a little toddler, she begged to come to my house and even wanted to "live with me." She would cry when we parted ways; sometimes hysterically. Broke my heart (and her mama's, I think). And the sweet thing ... she still calls me aunt, she still begs to come over, and she still gives me a "goodbye kiss and hug" EVERY TIME she sees me. I love her to pieces.
- I'm so over this weather. I'm not trying to rush the days or be ungrateful; I know we need winter and rain. But, I'm longing for warmer, brighter days.
- Monday night, we had our first of four childbirth classes ... sort-of fun, definitely interesting, and quite "real." Chris and I had both agreed this was something we want to do to educate ourselves more. Don't misunderstand me, I knew what I was signing up for when I wanted a baby, but seeing delivery on video of a mama without pain medications was enlightening and slightly gross for my weak stomach. After the class, Chris said he "enjoyed it" and he is glad we are taking the class. We even learned stuff the first night. (ie average contractions last 90 seconds each ... that's good to know. LOL)
- I locked myself out of my office today. Took my car keys with me to the restroom instead of my office keys. On the bright side, at least, I was able to drive my car and get a spare set from someone. Of course, I had to watch my speed carefully since I didn't have my purse and/or license. (While I can, I'll blame it on the pregnancy brain ... I guess, in a few months, it'll be the sleep-deprived brain) :-)
- This week I've been wearing maternity clothes loaned to me from a sweet friend -- what a blessing!
pretty flowers!
ReplyDeleteabout the childbirth class - i look forward to those one of these days. haha childbirth absolutely fascinates me...i tell S my mid-life crisis career may be L&D nurse. ha! i have seen a couple of interesting documentaries supporting natural birth - "the business of being born" and "pregnant in america." they are often a little too "granola" for me (absolutely zero desire to have a home birth here!), but they are quite informative. like i said, all that completely enthralls me. and it doesn't hurt that i've seen 2 births live - they are all miracles, no matter how exactly they happen!! =)
i don't comment extremely often, but i love reading your posts!
Thanks! Birth is a miracle and the process is fascinating ... but I don't do well with blood and stuff. Nursing could never be a career for me. :)
Delete