08 March 2013

twenty-seven weeks


27 weeks
Last week of 2nd trimester!
86 days 'til due date!

Pregnancy Highlights

Size of baby: A rutabaga - At about 13.6 to 14.8 inches and about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds.  At 27 weeks, she's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs ... (it's amniotic fluid, not air, but it still counts)  And baby's showing brain activity and her brain will keep on getting more complex. {info found on The Bump}

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Well, I've been wrong the past few weeks.  I had a doctor's appointment yesterday ... and rather than trying to figure my weight myself as the nurse quickly slid the markers around; I asked and clarified my weight from the past two appointments with the nurse.  Yesterday, I was the exact weight that I was at my first appointment with the fertility specialist.  So, I'm even (for now).  I did have heavy boots on which probably account for at least 3-4 lbs.  :-)

Cravings: Still eating chocolate ice cream; which obviously I'm going to need to slow down on.  I've also been eating Subway once a week, which is unusual for me, because I do not typically like Subway and I think the restaurant smells funny.  Just ask Chris, I never want to eat there when he does.

Symptoms: The occasional "twinge" or "catch" when I'm bending over, standing from sitting position, etc.  Had a little indigestion this week, but that may be from eating late at night and also the particular food(s) that I had eaten.

Sleep:  Had a few restless nights this week - just couldn't seem to get comfortable.  Still making one or two trips to the bathroom most nights.

Movement:   All the time.  She has been really active this week, many times throughout the day.

Gender: Girl - Jocelyn Faith

Maternity Clothes: Yep!  I had a friend loan me some which has made for nice change-up from what I have.

What I miss: Nothing really at this point - maybe sleeping on my stomach.

What I'm looking forward to:   Completely completing nursery.  3D/4D ultrasound.  Baby showers.

Best Moments this week:  Chris sending "us" (me and Jocelyn) a text message.  Buying her first "Sunday dress."  One evening, Chris came home from work and patted my belly and "talked to her" and she moved ... almost as in response to his voice.  Maybe so.  Maybe not.  Sweet, none-the-less.  An older gentleman at church told me that he thinks pregnant women are some of the most beautiful women on earth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment