20 March 2013

twenty-nine weeks

29 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

Size of baby: An acorn squash - At about 15.2 to 16.7 inches and about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds.  She's getting a little cramped in there, since she's growing so fast.   She's growing white fat deposits under her skin, and her energy is surging because of it.  {info found on The Bump}

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  At doctor's appointment today, I was 4lbs down from last appointment --- it was the boots I had on!!  So, still 4 lbs down from pre-pregnancy weight. 

Cravings: Chocolate ice cream.  Subway.

Symptoms: Aches and soreness from hormones and muscle changes, but nothing too horrible. Experiencing some slight indigestion - I ate a Tums this week for the first time in my 31-year old life.   And I "think" my breath may be getting shorter; especially when I walk a longer distance or sing.

Sleep:  If I am extremely tired, I sleep better ... don't move as often and don't get up to use bathroom -- and it is good sleep too!  Otherwise, I change positions often (right side, back, left side, back, right side, back, left side) and make a trip or two to the bathroom. 

Movement:   She is moving, moving, moving ... practicing gymnastic moves or having a dance party, I'm not sure.  ;-)

Gender: Sweet baby girl - Jocelyn Faith .... Josie, Josie-Poo, Josie-Posie, Darling, Angel Face  (she already has nicknames)

Maternity Clothes: Yep!

What I miss: Still don't really miss a thing.  I waited so long to be in this place ... it's all worth it!

What I'm looking forward to:   Baby showers and celebrating my girl with friends.  Having her bedding sewn -- and in the crib.  And of course, we are beginning to anxiously look forward to her arrival.  We will soon be in the single digit number of weeks remaining.

Best Moments this week:   3D/4D ultrasound and sharing pictures and video with our family and friends.  Getting my glucose test behind me and passing with an awesome score (89)!

No comments:

Post a Comment