21 March 2013

throwback Thursday

This week marks 17 years ago,
that a dark and handsome teenage boy walked into my church and stole my heart.
He immediately had my attention.
The feeling was mutual ... because it wasn't too long after that he told his grandpa that he would "marry that girl" and we started "going together."

Go ahead ... laugh!
This is our first picture together.
Easter Sunday 1996
15 years old and 14 years old
I have no idea what Chris is doing with his mouth.
(before digital cameras -- so of course, we didn't know a re-do was necessary)
Check out our hair and glasses ... both BIG!

 and here we are today ...
Married (soon to be 13 years).
Still "going together."
Actually, "together" is our favorite place to be - we do very little apart.
Happy, happy with a few extra pounds, smaller glasses, smaller hair, and a baby on the way!
More in love than ever.
And absolutely crazy about each other.
Every day, I'm so thankful that our paths crossed again in 1996.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Chris doesn't even look like the same person (thank goodness...haha). We would all crack up seeing pics of ourselves 17 years ago.
    I hope you'll keep blogging just as much when Josie gets here. Of course, I GUESS we can cut you a break...for a short while. =)

    ReplyDelete