Total Weight Gain/Loss: Don't really know. I do not keep a watch on it, because my scales at home aren't accurate with doctor's scales. I'll include update next week after doctor's appointment. According to books, I should be gaining about a pound a week now and roughly half of that goes right to baby.
Cravings: Chocolate ice cream. Candy.
Symptoms: Lower abdomen pressure at times. Shortened breath. Strange dreams. Occasional indigestion/heartburn.
Sleep: Not as good these days, but not terrible. I'm having a little trouble falling asleep ... feeling restless and a lot on my mind. Changing positions often and making a trip or two to the bathroom. Thankfully, I still have an occasional night that I sleep really well and move less and make no trip to the bathroom!
Movement: Yes. Girls likes to move it, move it!
Gender: Sweet baby girl - Jocelyn Faith (nicknames: Love Bug, Josie, Josie-Poo, Josie-Posie, Sweet Ums, Pookie (thanks to Chris), Darling, Angel Face, and Jo-Jo (thanks to Brandon))
Maternity Clothes: Yep! But still wearing some of those stretchy, forgiving, non-maternity items too; even though my belly has seemed to grow a lot lately.
What I miss: Still don't really miss a thing. I waited so long to be in this place ... it's all worth it!
What I'm looking forward to: Baby showers and celebrating our girl with friends. And of course, we are beginning to anxiously look forward to her arrival.
Best Moments this week: - Celebrating Easter with family. Excitement to think of Josie being here next year for all the activities and of course a new smocked Easter dress and white shoes. Josie got her first prize egg with some candy and cash. I guess I will eat the candy and the cash will go in her piggy bank.
- My Granny is crocheting a few little stuffed animals for her.
- Doctor appointment this week. Blood pressure 90/62. Heard sweet heartbeat. Fundal height measurement was 31 cm. Doctor said he didn't think she was too big since I'm measuring right on track (31 cms at 31 weeks). He gave me good hope that labor may be quick since my mom's were and the women in my dad's family were too.
- Babymooning this past weekend ... we took a last minute, quick trip to the beach (Thursday-Sunday). More to come in separate post - but it was perfect.
- Besides the sickness and nauseous feeling in the first trimester, I have felt "amazing" while pregnant. And honestly, I've not "pulled the pregnant card," because I haven't really needed to -- not saying that I will never (I do have 8 weeks left.) However, Chris has been wonderful. It makes me feel special when he caters to me and insists that I rest when he thinks I'm over-doing it. He's is one awesome husband - and I can't wait to see him as daddy with Josie.

No comments:
Post a Comment