Only 9 weeks (or less ... or maybe more) to go!!!!!
Pregnancy Highlights
Size of baby: A pineapple - At about 15.2 to 16.7 inches and about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds. She's going through major brain and nerve development. (Getting smarter and smarter!) Eye development, too. Her irises now react to light! All five of her senses are in working order. {info found on The Bump}
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Now, I am at my pre-pregnancy weight. Even-steven.
Cravings: Chocolate ice cream. Fruit. Cheese Toast.
Symptoms: Breath getting shorter; especially when I walk a long distance or sing. Strange, crazy, weird, wild dreams. Indigestion/heartburn. Even woke up in the middle of the night hurting from the burn. But, thankfully, it is nothing Ultra Tums Tropical flavor doesn't help.
Sleep: Changing positions often and making a trip or two to the bathroom. Thankfully, I still have an occasional night that I sleep really well and move less and make no trip to the bathroom!
Movement: Yes, all the time. It's amazing to see my whole stomach move around. I'm also starting to see a pattern in her sleep/awake periods throughout the day.
Gender: Sweet baby girl - Jocelyn Faith (nicknames: Josie, Josie-Poo, Josie-Posie, Sweet Ums, Pookie (thanks to Chris), Darling, Angel Face)
Maternity Clothes: Yep! But still wearing some non-maternity -- stretchy knit skirts and sweater tunics.
What I miss: Still don't really miss a thing. I waited so long to be in this place ... it's all worth it!
What I'm looking forward to: Baby showers and celebrating our girl with friends. And of course, we are beginning to anxiously look forward to her arrival -- only 6 weeks until she is considered full-term and can come freely at anytime.
Best Moments this week: - Completing the nursery - it is perfect.
- Arranging things in our home and getting it "baby-ready."
- Finishing childbirth classes. And one of the girls in our class brought handmade crocheted hats for all our babies - so sweet!
- Talking with our employers about time off when Josie arrives.
- Having two ladies at church tell me that I looked "so cute" and "so good" pregnant.
- A sweet Facebook friend sending a gift of hair bows for Josie.
- Packing our hospital bags (you know, just in case)
- Funny moment for the memories: After one of my middle-of-the-night bathroom trips had semi-awakened Chris, he reached over and rubbed what he thought was my belly and mumbled "Wow, she's wadded up tight in ball." However, I was lying on my side facing away from him and he actually grabbed my backside. LOL =)

CRACKING UP @ the Funniest Moment!!!!!!! I love your 31 week picture.
ReplyDeleteSomehow, I knew you'd get a kick out of that!
Deletepretty pic at the beach - love the outfit! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! It's not maternity ... but definitely stretch and comfy. Thought the beach picture was a good change of scenery and most days I change my clothes before Chris gets home to take a picture --- so I was a little behind.
Delete